6 Common Causes Of Shitty Bowel Movements
Enjoy this guest post written by Emily Van Gils!
Your poop can answer a lot of questions about your health and if your body agrees with what your putting into it or not. Everything from consistency, whether or not your logs leave streaks on the toilet, and even the colour can give you hints about what you need to change so you can have satisfying bowel movements (seriously, who doesn’t love a good poo?).
So.. if you don’t look at your poop after having a bowel movement, now is a good time to start.
A healthy poop will come out in a few seconds and oddly enough will resemble the tail of a dog. However, an unhealthy poop could feel like you’re dispensing gum balls from your ass, or it could look like a sausage with lumps, be complete liquid, or mushy just like pea soup.
Causes of these poo inconsistencies vary. Depending if it’s chronic or acute, it could be..
- Dehydration: especially if you are constipated, have lumpy sausage shaped poop, or if your butt is acting like a gum ball dispenser.
- Bacteria/viral associated: usually presents as complete liquid or pea soup consistency
- Food intolerances: again, complete liquid or pea soup consistency
- Insufficient fat digestion or consumption: can be related to lumpy sausage & gum ball shaped poop OR it could result in my next point..
- Dampness: usually a result of a dairy intolerance, or sugar/gluten/alcohol consumption resulting in streaks left inside the bowl after flushing. It is likely that you will have to wipe a dozen times to get all the poop off of your hole in this situation.
- or you could just be stressed out and need to relax. Lots of diarrhea/constipation is a result of stress!
Click here to read this article in it’s entirety!
Want to learn some tips and tricks that you can implement TODAY to strengthen your digestive system so you can relieve the distressing discomforts of IBS?
Click here to get instant access to Emily’s e-booklet ‘Dynamite Digestion: Top 10 Tips For Relieving IBS. Simple yet important practices for proper digestion so you can be free from embarrassing diarrhea, constipation, gas, bloating, and belly pains!