Chocolate Coconut Macaroons (sans sugar)
Got leftover egg whites? Don’t let those protein rich babies go to waste.
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate/carob powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 3/4 -1 cup of erythritol
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
How to do it:
- Melt the coconut oil on the stovetop at medium (or less )heat.
- Mix carob powder, almond flour and shredded coconut in a bowl.
- Stir in 1/2 cup coconut milk.
- Stir in melted coconut oil (but let it cool down a bit if too hot so that it doesn’t start cooking the egg whites)
- Turn oven on to 350 degrees.
- Form into balls and place on cookie tray (oiled or on parchment paper if you are lazy about dishes like I am)!
- Bake for 20 min.
- Let cool on baking rack for about 10 min. before serving.
- Store remaining in the fridge.