13 Simple Ways to Sync your Bleeding with the New Moon….
(Photo: Moonwater Medicine)
Before the dawn of electricity we used to bleed together on the new moon and ovulate during the full moon- perfectly in tune with the women in our community and with the moon energies that naturally supported us during this time.
Bleeding in sync serves to help us manage our energy.
The light of the full moon gives us the natural energy boost we require to get ‘in the mood’ and take advantage of the fertility of our ovulation time.
While the dark new moon is the perfect backdrop to support our going inward and attending to the needs of our soul.
Today, many of us are bleeding backwards.
The most telling sign that we are out of sync with our natural rhythm is that we bleed during other times of the month (rather than with the new moon).
When this happens we often feel out of sync.
So how can we re establish a bleeding rhythm that matches the energy of our environment?
Anything that attunes us to the natural forces can help to re harmonize our body with nature’s cycles.
Here are 13 ways that you can sync your bleeding with the moon:
1) State the intention out loud or on paper that you want to bleed during the new moon and ovulate at the full moon.
2) Begin by listening to your body and asking it what it needs to do that.
3) Go to bed with the sunset (or before 10pm) and arise with the sun.
4) Eat local food in season.
5) Sleep in a complete darkness during the naturally darkest times of the moon’s phases (new moon).
6) Take moonlight walks at night.
7) Take nature into your body by eating food in the whole form that nature provides.
8) Walk barefoot on the earth etc.
9) Plan your activities in flow with the moon`s energies.
10) Create a Moon Lodge with your women friends simply by gathering and creating sacred space together on the new moon (in whatever form that feel sacred for you).
11) Share this wisdom with your women friends (women who spend a lot of time together naturally sync their bleeding -which can work for or against our intention to bleed with the new moon).
12) Attend to your menstrual health with the help of a holistic practitioner. If you suffer from yeast infections, infertility, heavy bleeding, cramps, PMS etc. claim the gift inherent in these health challenges, by using them as a catalyst to transform your life- rather than simply treating or suppressing the symptoms.
As you sync up with the natural cycles, notice the impact on your health, energy and overall satisfaction with the rhythm of your life- even adopting just one or two practices daily -can go a long way toward restoring harmony in our bodies and our lives.
Want to be reminded as we transition in and out of each of the moon’s cycles?
Sign up for our newsletter (top right hand corner, towards the top of the page) so that we can send you a weekly notification by e-mail in service to helping you manage your energy and get in tune with your natural rhythms.
Trackback from your site.