Even if you don’t eat sugar, you are eating too much sugar.
I know it sounds crazy, but it is true.
When you are insulin resistant, sugar is sugar – it doesn’t matter if you are eating white table sugar off the spoon, a potato or a bag of chips.
Those starches are making you fat, frumpy and frustrated because insulin is pulling the rug out from under your hormones!
You see, once you have digested a carb, even if it is healthy, it turns into sugar in your body – even if you are a whole foodie, traditional foodie, raw foodist, vegetarian or a health nut by any other name – you are not immune.
You might be wondering….
But how could I be insulin resistant when I am not a diabetic?
Easy as 1, 2, 3 baby!…..
- Eating too much sugar (even if you don’t eat any)
- Lack of exercise
- Stress (having babies, trauma, marriage difficulties, divorce, accidents, overexercising etc.)
- Lacking love, connection and community in your life – deep sadness.
- Unfulfilled expectations, feeling despondent about the future, feeling trapped in a job, marriage etc.
- Eating too much natural sugar (coconut sugar, maple syrup, rhapadura, panella, honey).?
- Fruit – a- holic anyone?
- Not eating enough fat and protein – keeping yourself ‘full’ with pasta, bread, potatoes and yams.
- Having parents with diabetes
- Having a family background that is African American, Alaska Native, American Indian, Asian American, Hispanic/Latino, or Pacific Islander American
People who have diabetes weren’t perfectly healthy one day and then the next day have full blown diabetes – they make a slow decline towards it, starting with hypoglycemia.
It happened to me. A whole foodie health nut with 13 years behind me of being a vegetarian. It was all and well, until I started pushing 40. Here’s my story.
Not sure if you have hypoglycaemia? Do these apply?
- start to feel shaky when you can’t get to your next meal?
- feel ‘hangry’ – in other words you feel impatient, angry and snap at innocent bystanders, while you hunt for something you can eat now?
- feel like you are always hungry and have to eat constantly to keep your blood sugar stable?
- feel like a meal isn’t done unless it comes with bread or other starches?
- feel the need to top your meals off with something sweet before you feel satisfed?
- got a tummy (or mommy) roll just above your jeans (no matter what your weight, it just won’t go away)!?
If you have a tendency toward hormone problems and hypoglycemia, then you are going to love this FREE training call I have in store for you!
It is highly likely that insulin is throwing off your hormones and causing you to gain weight.
What can a girl do?!
You have to heal your insulin resistance, honey – so that you can enjoy eating sweet, creamy and rich foods again – without packing on the pounds.
So how can you know for sure, that insulin resistance is YOUR issue when it comes to your weight concerns?
Some more of the signs and symptoms of insulin resistance…..
- Fatty liver
- Having been diagnosed with gestational diabetes
- Abdominal obesity
- Cravings for sugar or carbohydrate rich foods.
- Elevated blood sugar
- Acne and large pores on the face
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Scalp hair loss in women in the male pattern.
- Skin tags
- Swollen ankles
Ready to learn how to balance your blood sugar to balance your hormones and finally release the weight?
If you said YES! Click here to get access to ‘The Sweet Life with out Sugar’ training.
Best of all I am going to show you how to do it without giving up the sweet, rich and creamy foods you love!